Sunday, February 19, 2012

DC day 1.5......................

   Ah the start of a new day...  Breakfast was more food than I should eat in a week, but I was good and ate fruit and 1/2 of a bagel. Mr Worley was at breakfast and as I sat down I realized that David Burton , long time blogger, facebook and global teacher acquaintance was also at my table. Acquaintance became a thing of the past almost instantly and it was a friendship that was to grow over the next two days. We all finished breakfast and amidst introductions as we left, went off to the first of our many sessions of the day. Our lesson plans were evaluated for global competencies and I picked up some great guidelines and ideas. Lunch rolled around and I was beginning to feel like I was rolling too........... coffee, I need coffee to keep me going ( 12 am doesn't mesh well with early meetings). Got to get coffee. Success: keep that travel mug full. We had a full afternoon of classes and introductions of people and ideas and potential issues that we might encounter on our travel.
    We all made it through and supper was served. Have to say it was a delicious spread for every meal and I was lucky that there were plenty of vegetable options. The after supper shenanigans with Friends David, Jennifer, Nicole and their principals was worth all the meetings and stress of the day. Touring the monuments at night was amazing and Cosee had a grand time as well. He had felt somewhat neglected over the previous 24 hours so he was relieved when he was allowed out of the suitcase. Prepared and anxious, he donned his knitted hat and waited until we were ready to go. It was an amazing evening and I felt bad when I hit that wall................. had to turn down further adventures. However, they are being planned , scheduled and refined for October. I wandered back to the hotel and my room; found the shower and cleaned up. As I was sitting on the edge of the bed, ready to jump under the covers, it dawned on me that I hadn't printed my boarding pass for my Saturday flight.
     Pulling on jeans over pjs and putting on my wolves jacket, I headed down to the business center. I never made it that far as the most wonderful concierge asked me if I needed anything and I mentioned a boarding pass. The man said the most wonderful words I could have heard at that point, " NO worries . I will print it for you". Boarding pass in hand, I headed back to my room and bed. Sleep was elusive for longer than I hoped as I ran through the day in my brain and thought about how grand my new friends were and that I truly hoped we would stay friends even after the exchanges were completed.  Cosee also crashed under his wee small quilt designed to protect him from things that go bump in the night and monsters.
 

2 comments:

  1. Shenanigans? What are these shenanigans of which your speak? LOL

    That night was fun and the monuments are awesome at night! Lincoln always looks more regal at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an understatement.... thank you all!!! it was grand and Mr. Lincoln was magnificent !

    ReplyDelete